Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sore, Sore and Maybe Even Sore-er

Yesterday was a good run, but yikes was I sore last night. It was a combination of a tough workout with my trainer Laura on Tuesday and then a good 3 mile run the next day on sore legs. Ouch. By the time bedtime rolled around last night, I felt as if someone had beaten me with a stick from the waist down. But, no injuries. I'm in good shape. I just was feelin' the burn, as they say.

Today I worked out with Matt. I walked into the gym feeling sore, of course, I stretched before hand and did a very, very short walk/run on the treadmill to loosen myself up even more. I had a good hour long workout with Matt and still feel good now. Less stiff than yesterday and even this morning.

So, tomorrow I'm going to shoot for a 4 to 5 mile run that I've done many times, but haven't done in a few weeks. So, we'll see how it goes. I'm looking forward to it.

I feel like I'm back in the groove again. The weather has been better lately (read that as warmer) and I don't dread the ice as much.

Updated: Removed Route Map

My friend Andra pointed out to me that posting my route (an actual map) that spells out exactly where and when I'll be running is a tad stupid. I tend to agree. I keep thinking that no one is actually reading this blog. But on the off chance that some creep from my past thinks it would be a good idea to look me up and "surprise" me--with a stick in hand--I thought I'd just do what I could to avoid a disastrous scenario. Andra, Chris and my children thank you. :)

doh.

No comments:

Post a Comment