Thursday, February 11, 2010

Where I Sit On The Couch And Have A Glass Of Wine

Ahhhhhhh. THAT'S better! I'm sitting on the couch having a glass of chardonnay. Anyone who knows me well knows that I am a boring drinker. I pretty much drink chardonnay or maybe a specialty beer. But I'm sitting here enjoying this buttery vacation in a glass because I finally finished my inventory. Woot! I was done already, really. I just had a page left to do out of my 600 unique skus. But I put it off because it's no fun to work on taxes. And inventory is a first step toward getting to work on your taxes.

So, here I sit. Today was a good day for my work (online toy retailer) and for working out :) I went to the gym this morning and did my typical 1 mile run to warm up. The added bonus to today's warm up was that my sister-in-law Amanda was also there running on the treadmill...on MY treadmill, might I add. I always use treadmill number 8. But, I moved on over to treadmill number 9 instead. ;)

My actual workout was good today. We laid off my legs and focused on my arms because I have a 5 Mile Run/Race on Saturday (with Amanda...which is why she was on Treadmill Number 8). Anyway, as usual, I worked out for an hour and then got some good stretching in afterward. I'm not used to doing heavy arm work because I have a left shoulder impingement, with a possible small tear in there. Not sure. Anyway, it was good to get a little extra work on my upper body.

Tomorrow I may get in a 2.5 mile run. We'll see. I want to keep the momentum up. But I don't want to feel uninspired on Saturday.

But, now, here I sit. Drinking that glass.

I've already read my political blogs for the day. Usual roundup includes Politico, Slate, Salon, Huffington Post (because it's like the National Enquirer), Five Thirty Eight, The Mudflats.net and Little Green Footballs. I've skimmed the newspapers (Boston Globe, NYT, WSJ). And now? What's on the tee vee!

Thanks for reading. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment