Sunday, January 31, 2010

Short run day--felt good

Very short run day. Only 2.11 miles at 10:08 average run. It wasn't too cold which is why I was able to get out today. The last two days were super cold. I've never run in those temps--14 degrees F and 20 degrees F with a windchill factor that took it even lower.

Theorectically I'm game for that kind of environment. I mean, hell, the worst that can happen is that I head home. Right? But my time is limited (when it comes to running) and if I can't do it the way I anticipate, I kinda don't want to. That's not necessarily the right mindset. I should probably go with the flow. But somehow I can't quite go out and "see what happens". I hope that happens soon. :\

Today's run, however, wasn't bad. It was short, but consistent. Not super fast (I've certainly done much faster) but I had some hills to contend with and alot of ice. I'm looking forward to my next race on Feb 13th. I want to have my speed challenged again. That one will be tough because I've been keeping my speed to sub 10. I guess I should start picking it back up again, but I'm not sure where I should hang it if I'm going to do a 1/2 marathon in May. Is 9:30 doable? is 10? I'm open to any time, I just want to know where I should shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment